Spencer’s Run is OpenWelcome to Spencer’s Run Dog Park! Spencer’s Run is a wonderful area to have fun with your dog! In the interest of safety, our dog park requires a registration for your dog. Please follow the link at the bottom of this page to print the necessary forms. These completed forms should be taken to the Recreation Department of the Town of New Canaan, located on the second floor of Waveny Castle in Waveny Park. Upon completion of your registration, you will receive a special tag for your dog’s collar and a pin code for the gate lock. You will be required to pay a fee which will be directed to the upkeep of the dog park.
RULES OF THE DOG PARK
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered. This is a rule at many dog parks and is recommended as a tactic to reduce the possibility of dog fights.
- Dogs must display current rabies tag, Town license, and Spencer’s Run ID tags on their collars at all times when in the Dog Park.
- Owner/Handler maximum of 3 dogs per visit.
- Children five and under are prohibited from entering Spencer’s Run – no exceptions. This is for the protection of the children.
- Children under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult and should not run, chase dogs, or pet other people’s dogs unless permission is granted by the owner. Children are not allowed to bring toys into the park, such as sports equipment.
- No one may bring equipment such as wading pools or agility equipment into Spencer’s Run unless specifically permitted by the Director of Recreation.
- When entering Spencer’s Run, remove your dog(s) leash only in the corralled area. Prong collars, choke collars and chains, or spike collars must be removed from dogs prior to entering the run.
- Do not allow others to enter without using their own pin codes.
- Dogs displaying aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs must be leashed and immediately removed from the park by owners/handlers.
- Owners/handlers must remain inside of the fenced area, with leash in hand, and within view of their dogs at all times.
- Owners/handlers must properly clean up after their dog(s) and take their dog’s waste when leaving Spencer’s Run. All waste must be disposed of only in the dumpster, which is located in the parking lot. It is important for all members to keep a clean safe park for our dogs to use.
- Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes in order to help avoid injuries.
- No dog treats, rawhide chews, human food, alcohol or smoking are allowed within the fenced area. No glass containers are allowed.
To contact us, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org